top of page

Need Non-Emergency Help?

If you need support, reach out to a doctor, mental health professional, or a confidential helpline.

Social workers

can assess how symptoms impact daily living and provide treatment and therapies to support recovery.

Spiritual counselors

are trained staff who can provide counseling and comfort. Some are licensed therapists who can provide diagnosis and treatment.


are medical doctors who have a specialty in psychiatry. They can diagnose mental health concerns, prescribe medication, and provide other therapies to help.


can diagnose mental illnesses and provide therapy to individuals and families.


can provide diagnostic or developmental testing, talk about treatment options, and provide therapy to individuals and families.

Peer specialists

are often associated with support groups, and have experienced mental illnesses themselves. They provide support with recovery.

BEST Team Boston Crisis Line: Call 800-981-4357 (HELP)

For Immediate Medical Emergencies: Call 911

For the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Call 988

For Veterans: Call 988, then press 1

If hard of hearing: Call 711, then 988

Trevor Project (Crisis support services for LGBTQ youth): Call 866-488-7386

New State Behavioral Health Help Line (for help navigating the behavioral health system and accessing treatment): Call OR text 833-773-2445

This information is provided by the Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts. 

bottom of page